I love the idea of a new year, a new week, a fresh start. Since I feel like the majority of 2009 was spent being pregnant, I feel like I have time to get back into some of my goals for 2010. I keep hearing that if you write your goals/wishes down, you are more likely to achieve them. So, here are some of the things I would like to work on in 2010. I’ll try and focus on how I achieve them by writing the short term steps I take each week.
- Strength train more (Ideally, I would like 2x/week of weights and 1x/week for yoga)
- Get back into running shape and start some races (5k, 10k, and a half marathon)
- Get involved in my church. Initially I would like to attend Sunday School regularly, go to worship service. Later on I would like to join a bible study and a service group.
- Be open to make new friends and strengthen personal relationships.
- Look into options for part-time positions to supplement our income.
- Journal and take pictures of Olivia.
- Create an online photo book of her first year.
- Lose five pounds
- Become a more positive person and focus on my blessings in life.
- Work on communicating my feelings to others.
- Cook more and try one new recipe per week.
- Read more and watch less tv.
So, this is just some ideas. We’ll see how I do. But, I did start off the day right with some weights and ab work. I am thinking about taking Olivia for a walk but it is pretty chilly for her! Plus, I feel like I have gotten a lot done so far today and finally managed to really clean and mop (which I always dread), the kitchen!
Last week, I was able to get in 12 miles for the week and run four times a week. It helped that my husband was home but I would like to work on week two of the half marathon training. I am going to try and get up and run before Olivia’s early feeding at six so I can get my run in first thing in the morning and not put it off for later on in the day. I was hoping to wait to start running early once she began sleeping all night but that does not seem to be happening any time soon, so I am going to try and see how this goes. Plus, I know I can always take a nap later on in the day if I get tired!