So, I wanted to get up for a run Friday morning but did not sleep well at all so when the alarm went off on Friday morning, I hit snooze and slept in. Well, if you count 6:30 as sleeping in…which sadly sounds late these days! I was having a funky/groggy day and I remembered the great cd my sister made which she lovingly entitled “music to get the funk out.” Because sometimes when you are having a crazy day with kids, life feels a little busy, and you feel overwhelmed, you need a little music to get the funk out. So, thanks to my wonderful sweet sister for this awesome cd/playlist that I thought I would share. After a few songs on this cd, I was feeling better about my day and even managed to get an afternoon run in when my stopped by for a visit. It is a pretty random mix of music but I love this cd and my sweet sister for making it for me.
- There’s Hope – India Arie
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Diana Ross
- Lady Fingers – Luscious Jackson
- I Feel it All – Feist
- Big Wheel – Tori Amos
- Better – Reginal Spektor
- Coming Out
- Do It – Nelly Furtado
- B’day – Beyonce
- Do You Realize – The Flaming Lips
- Float On – Modest Mouse
- Workout it Out – Jurassic 5 featuring Dave Matthews Band
- Little Less Conversation – Elvis
- I’m Looking Through You – The Beatles
- Home – Marc Broussard
- Juicy – Better Than Ezra
- India Arie
- Seasons of Love – Rent Soundtrack
- Sugar, Sugar – Archies
Anyway, I got in a quick four miler yesterday and an eight miler this morning so I am done for the week, totaling 26 miles. Here is my week in training.
- Monday – 5 miles/41/8:13 average pace
- Tuesday – 5 miles/41/8:14 average pace
- Wednesday – off
- Thursday – 4 miles/33/8:08 pace
- Friday – 4 miles/31/7:43 average pace
- Saturday – 8 miles/1:07/8:22 average pace (8:18, 8:19, 8:14, 8:17, 8:30, 8:20)
I realized the last time I ran 26 miles/week, I was training for a marathon. I also realized that the only time my mileage got over 30 miles/week for the marathon training was the week when I did my 20 miler and the week I ran the marathon. Not sure how I survived the race with such little training but next time I tackle the marathon, I am definitely going to increase my mileage and do some fartlek/tempo/speed work!
Alright, off to relax before date night with my hubby 🙂 My parents brought by some king cake so I am going to have a slice. King Cakes start coming out on January 6th (the 12th night of Christmas) and since Mardi Gras is not until March 9th, this is going to be a long Mardi Gras/king cake season….woo hoo! I love living in South Louisiana during carnival time.