Laura at Mommy, Run Fast tagged me for an 11 things post. You are supposed to answer 11 random facts and then answer 11 questions. I would tag some bloggers but I think most bloggers I follow have already been tagged for this, so I’ll just answer the questions for you all.
11 random facts about me…
- I have a history degree, an MBA, and now I work part time in the Physics department at Louisiana State University and am a stay-at-home mom
- I love coffee, yoga, running, books, movies at home on my couch…
- I once went to a wedding at Lance Armstrong’s House in Austin
- I have never been able to touch my toes, do a cartwheel, or any other gymnastic feat. Yes, my elementary school stretch teacher was not very nice to me because I was so terrible in class! Yoga is very tough for me but I love it!
- I love to run but hate competing. I think it goes back to my high school days where I put so much pressure on myself to compete and win.
- Whenever I cook spaghetti, I always snack on raw pasta. My family finds this very odd.
- I’m terribly shy and hate public speaking but know this is necessary for certain occasions.
- I’m hungry all the time…my family calls my dad and I the shark.
- Truth be told, at times I feel silly having a blog. Does anyone really care to read my ramblings about running, life as a mom? But I love to write and look back on my life as a mom/runner/etc.
- If I could have any talent, I wish I could sing or be more musical. I love music and the way you are able to express emotions you otherwise could not with it.
- I was born in Louisiana but always saw myself living in a more outdoorsy city (Denver, Austin, San Fran)
This is more than 11 but I could not narrow it down so I’ll just answer all of these…
1. Since everyone I tagged is a runner, what is your favorite running memory? It could be a race, a long run, a great workout, a breakthrough, or even spectating at someone else’s race… probably the marathon, because it is the longest race I have ever ran. Definitely not my fastest but I was proud of this accomplishment.
2. What is your favorite thing about your spouse/significant other? His loyalty calm attitude under pressure, and morals/values. Plus, among other good features, he has great hair:)
3. What is your ideal way to spend a Saturday? Long run, breakfast/coffee with the family, nap, family outing, dinner at home, and wine/movie with my husband
4. When was the last time you cried? Last week. I was having an emotional morning, my toddler would not get in her car seat and I was late to teach my music class. I’m pregnant and cry easily lately.
5. What is your favorite book? East of Eden, Same Kind of Different As Me, Silence, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
6. What is your best childhood memory? All the trouble we used to get into with my friend (neighbors). One night we woke up and tried to rearrange her bedroom furniture, the other night we woke up and cooked breakfast. Lots of time at the pool swimming, playing outside, lazy summer days.
7. Do you have any regrets? Wish I traveled more before kids! It is so hard and too expensive for us now. And, worrying to much about what other’s think about me.
9. What is your favorite dessert? King Cake with cream cheese, White Chocolate Bread Pudding, Red Velvet Cake – i love desserts!
10. What time do you wake up in the morning? Between 5:30 and 6:30 during weekdays, I sleep until my daughter wakes up on Sundays (usually 7 am)
11. When you run – music or no? Yes, love my music. But occasionally enjoy time without some tunes.
12. What’s the hardest thing physically that you’ve accomplished? I have not finished this job yet but raising a healthy, independent child. It is still a work in progress:)
13. Have you ever been to a country other than the one you live in? Where? France, Ecuador, Jamaica (see I need to travel more)!
14. If money was no issue how many races would you try to do in a year?
Race once a month, with some fun destination races (Chicago, New York, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco) – right now, this is just not in our budget.
14. Last movie you went to a theater to see? Bridesmaids, we don’t’ go to the movies much!
16. Where would you love to live? Nashville, Austin, New Orleans
17. What is your favorite food? Sushi!
18. What is your favorite exercise? Running and yoga!
That’s all…and for everyone in Louisiana…Happy Mardi Gras…have fun celebrating through Fat Tuesday!